Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My hat’s off to you...

Today, over cups of Max Brenner hot chocolate, my friends and I were lamenting the fact that you really can’t wear hats in Sydney without looking like a bit of a douche. One friend even went so far as to say the thing she missed most about living in Europe was the freedom to wear hats without persecution! My one gripe with Sydney fashion is the obsession with being super casual (I blame ksubi), and the adverse reaction to anyone who looks like they've made an effort.

Hats off to these ladies who managed to wear their hats so well... don' they look adorable!





photo credit: moldy doily


My friend Katie Turnbull ,a talented digital media artist, has decided to start making headpieces with her sister Rosie, I have already commissioned her to make me something like this:



I think Isabella Blow would give me a nod of approval:

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

gives a new meaning to egg on your face